Friday, May 15, 2009

Just A Few Things

I don't mean to brag, but I want everyone to know that my foster Mom got a new car a few months ago, and I'm the only dog that is allowed to ride in it, because I ride so well in the car! Her own dogs aren't even allowed in there! I make sure I point that out to them whenever I can...ha ha. I sit quietly on the front passenger seat, or sometimes in the back, but I don't make a peep. When she gets out of the car, I just sit up and watch to see where she's going. I will admit, sometimes I jump in the drivers seat, but when she comes back I move right over to my side.

And, I learned something new this week and that is that wrestling with the other dogs is fun! I decided to have a wrestling match with some toys and Bonnie, she's the nicest foster sister I have. The little dogs are too small to play with and Abby is too much of a bully. I was spinning in circles on the bed, and then Bonnie would climb on top of me, I would flip her over and steal my toy back, but it was fun. I only tried it once, but for a shy girl like me, that's a milestone!

We also had a BBQ here this past weekend and there were 5 people that came over to visit. I also got to hang out Peggy, she's another foster GSP that is living with my Aunt. I was only a little scared of everyone this time, and that was mostly inside the house. I did walk right over to my foster Aunt Tammy and sniffed her with no hesitation, and my foster Mom was very proud of me. When everyone was outside, I was a lot more relaxed. There were 6 dogs and 7 people, so there was a lot of action, moving around, etc. but I didn't get too nervous at all. Mostly because I was concentrating on how to get the food off the grill, but hey, it's progress!

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog while doing a search online about GSPs. My husband and I have a 4yr GSP named Jake that we adore. He was rescued from a litter roaming around the mountains in Tennesee. Best dog ever. Reading the stories about the dogs from the Missouri fire has been amazing and I just want to thank you so much for rescuing and fostering these wonderful dogs. Your dogs are ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete