Sunday, March 15, 2009

"Jersey" Reporting In...Day 1

Ok, so life has been a whirlwind the past few weeks to say the least! At first I was scared of the fire, then sad to leave all my other dogs behind, then I went to a holding place and then on a truck and now I'm in NJ they tell me....well, I have to tell you, this place ain't half bad! They have leather couches you can sit on, big screen tv's to watch and all the toys a girl can ever want! They feed me 3 times a day at this place, and the expensive stuff, too! A girl can really get used to this kind of treatment! Last night the guy that lives here had me sleeping on the couch with him and he was hand feeding me dog food kibble! Oh, I think I may have died and landed in doggie heaven! Oh, but you know what I do that is truly funny, I am not used to eating all the time, so I cover my food with a blanket, eat a little at a time, save a little for later...if I can't get the blanket over the top of it, my foster Mom covers it for me and I just walk away for a few, and then come back and eat a little more.

My foster Mom says I walk well on a leash, and I don't pull her at all, but I'm a little scared of things...they have this neighbor over here who has this horrible thing called a lawn mower and he insists on mowing his lawn when there's no grass..it's really noisy! I also saw this big mean dog and was ready to attack, when I figured out that it was my own reflection..how can I be so silly for a dog that is so smart! I saw a whole bunch of birds this morning and could care less what those things were...I'm thinking the life of a princess, rather than a hunter may be the life for me.

I'm not too keen on the idea of walking on gravel, or in the woods where the leaves make noise, or even the grass...I really like to stick to the nice smooth concrete, when I walk on anything else, I look like I'm in a marching band the way I'm bringing my knees up...the foster Mom just laughs at me....

I don't like that crate idea once you close the door, if it's open I love it, go right in and I'm learning that when foster Mom says "kennel" and I get in, there's always a treat coming..yummy! When you shut the door I me, though, man, do I howl like a banshee, but this morning I overheard the guy here say that they should bring me inside to sleep...ohhh...I like that idea...but the mean foster Mom said No and told him that I have to learn to be get used to my crate...bummer!

Anyway, there's 4 other dogs here and I met one of them this morning. I was told that she was really, really nice and loves everyone...she was crying to come and meet me and was so happy, but I don't think I really like other dogs that much...maybe in time I will change, and I'm going to go for a nice walk today with the girl, Bonnie, from this morning...but I must admit I wasn't nice to her, and tried to bite her face and growled at her..a lot....maybe later I will try again and I'll be a little nicer...see, I move to NJ, and I pick up this Jersey Girl attitude...not my fault! Bonnie didn't care though, she is used to the other dogs being mean to her, so she just walked away and didn't really come near me for a little while, but when she came back, I growled at her again!

I also am pretty stubborn when I don't want to go to the bathroom...I sure can hold it! I've only peed 2 times and pooped once since I got here (although, it was a nice, firm poop I must admit). I've eaten 4 or 5 times since I got here and I have a whole bunch of toys stashed up in my place!

I am sleeping on the chair right behind my foster Mom as she types this for me, and I really can get used to this house thing... I haven't had any accidents and I've checked out every room in the house, jumped on all the beds, went through all the closets, cleaned up all the crumbs in the kitchen and surfed every counter, so I think I've got it all covered!

I definitely have issues with being on top of people and I'm going to need to be a little more independent, because I understand I can't be on top of humans 24/7, but that will come in time. I already learned not to rub my nose on the crate when they close that door because it hurts! So now I just make lots of noise, no one comes, I get a sore throat and I quit that, too. I did overhear that the sooner I get over that, the sooner I can move inside so I don't make the other 4 dogs crazy barking back at me, so I'm going to work extra hard on that one! I do cry a lot for no reason and whine and just look at everyone, but that's just because I'm not used to this stuff....Once I get on a schedule and learn the way things work here, I'll be fine and I'll take care of myself a little more...I just need some time, people..I just got here!

So, I'm enjoying my stay, everything is going good! I'll check back in a few days and let you know how much progress I have made....oh and just wait until you see my pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment