Monday, March 30, 2009

Start of Week 3 for Me

I had a sleepover party this weekend because my foster parents went away, so my foster Aunt & Uncle watched me.

When they came to pick me up, I was so scared because they aren't the foster parents I'm used to seeing, even though I've met them lots of times before. I hid in the back of my crate and whined hoping that someone would realize I was being dognapped! Then I made a break for it, ducked past them and hid under the car in the garage, so they had to crawl under and get me! Once they got me on the leash, I didn't have a choice and realized I had to go with them. Once they gave me a few snacks and put me in the car, I was okay. I was very good at their house, I met their 2 GSP boys out on the lawn, and growled at them to show them who was boss, but really had a nice weekend with them. I even slept on the dog bed with Frasier all night!

They were doing yard work and left the door open, so the 3 of us were just going in and out and up and down the stairs, exploring the fenced in yard. It was much different than being on a leash. I emptied all their toys out, and played a little with them. I went for a long hike on Saturday, but didn't see anything exciting out in the woods.

I gained 4 lbs so far since I've been here, and yesterday I went to visit the foster Grandparents, and she fed me all sorts of goodies, so I'll probably gain more just from all those yummy snacks she gave me. She has 2 English Pointers at her house, and I liked both of them, I did my usual growl, but we were all okay. I met their cat and didn't bother him, but he froze when he saw me. My foster Mom is sure if he tried to move that I would've given chase. I've been very interested in the small animals in the yard and really try my hardest to get at them lately!

I recently started to come out of my shell a little and play with the little dogs at my house. They taught me to steal stuff out of the laundry and run up and down the hall with it, and that sure is fun!! I'm still scared of the big GSP girl though, she plays way to rough. I watch her bump all the other dogs with her nose, do "spinnies" around them, and that's way too much action for me, so I run away when she tries to play. But I'm making progress there.

My foster parents decided that unless I make a huge turnaround, I cannot go to a house with children, or very active house. I am still very scared of movements and noises and I'm not sure I'm ever going to get over that. I also still have huge trust issues with people, so my new family is going to have to be really patient with me, because I feel when I go to a new home, it's going to be like starting all over with new people, and I'm going to be really nervous for a while.

I am super-smart though and I do know my name. I've been listening pretty good and should be even better by the time I go to my forever home!

No comments:

Post a Comment