Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Start of Day 4

Just checking in with a quick update for everyone. Things are still going well over here. I'm making progress everyday....very small steps, but my foster Mom says any steps forward are good!

They sure do love me over here, I'm living the life of a Princess....I've stopped covering my food, as I've figured out that my foster Mom feeds me 3 times a day, always at the same time, so there's no need to save any...there's always more coming!

She tried to introduce me to 4 different dogs yesterday...all different colors, shapes, and sizes and I have to say I wasn't really impressed with any of them...the biggest GSP girl, who I hear is quite bossy, was scared to death of little ole me! I growled at her and she went and sat on a different couch. I wouldn't take my eyes off her and was staring her down the whole time she was in the room. I didn't wag my tail or show any signs of being friendly at all and she knew it. I did the same with the others, too....I don't know why. Maybe when I become a little lesss attached to my foster parents I'll lighten up a little on their "kids". Today the big girl is in the house though, separated by a glass door...I'm trying really hard to control myself from growling and trying to ignore her.

Yesterday was exciting because I had visitors! A nice 10-year old girl and 8-year old boy came over. They were sitting on the floor very quiet with their hands out for me to sniff. I approached them and was scared at first, but I gave them both kisses, went through their backpacks and even watched while they did their homework. I would definitely not like to live with younger children, very active children or a noisy house at this point, those are all no good for me! I like these kids because they were calm and quiet and knew how to behave around me and make me comfortable. I even watched TV with the little boy and laid down right next to him (I have to admit, he did sneak me some cheeze-its)!

I haven't had any accidents in the house at all, and everytime I go outside, I immediately go to the bathroom. My foster Mom says I'm really smart, I've already started to listen to the words come, down, up and here. I know what "kennel" means, but I've quickly learned that she tricks me when I get the treat..she shuts the door behind me and I still hate that! So, she's actually had to push my little rear end in there a few times now. I haven't cried as much though, I'll get the hang of it...I'm learning that the foster parents always come back.

I've moved from sitting on the same chair to the floor next to my foster parents. I've also learned it's okay to be by my foster parents, and I don't have to actually crawl in my mom's sweatshirt and hide. I even let her out of my sight for about 10 minutes yesterday before I went looking for her, so that's a little better.

This morning I went for a little jog, and I liked it! Usually when I walk, I am so scared I can't stop looking at my foster Mom, and freezing...I trip her all the time! Today, she jogged with me (only around the house, but it's better than the scary street!) and I actually ran beside her with a little bit of confindence showing!

The kids are coming back to visit me today and I'm going for a nice walk through the woods when they get here. I'm looking forward to exploring the great outdoors. Tomorrow I have a vet appointment to get checked over, so I'll check in on Thursday and let everyone know how the next 2 days go for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment